Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Our Arrival

This is my second attempt to post an entry. I am using my mother's computer and the first post ended in an error. I have no idea where in cyberland it went, but I am trying again.

We arrived on Cranberry Island. The trip took around eight hours. I stumbled upon a great deal of construction traffic. It has left me pondering some questions such as: do orange traffic vests only come in extra large , or does it just appear that way? Has the Manchu come in to fashion as of late? What does extended time periods of holding a stop/slow sign do to a person? Just a few things that came to mind as I sat staring at people who controlled the speed on my journey with a mere flick of their wrist.

However, arrive we did. Much to the excitement of the girls my Uncle Lewis offered to pick us up in his boat instead of a trip from Manset to Cranberry Island on the ferry. This is a big hit with the girls. Chloe looks forward every year to riding on Uncle Lewis's boat. I think he really enjoys it too as his own Grandchildren are a lot older now. He will keep asking them the whole time if he should go faster leaving them hanging on and giggling. The wind whips across them and they cling on just to stand up, but they love it. Alexa said, "This boat ride is amazingly fun!"

This will likely be the last summer of boat rides with Uncle Lewis. He and my Aunt Anita have been spending the last few summers up here (they live year round in Florida). She has recently been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease and they feel that she will not be up for the trip next summer. We so enjoy getting spend time with them. It will be very sad for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment