Sunday, July 12, 2009

Farmer's Market

Here is one of our all time favorite Saturday summer activities...walking down to the Farmer's Market at City Hall Park. I have to say it has gotten a lot bigger this year (and crowded). We grab our wagon and head on down. The girls love to pick out fruits and veggies. We come home and eat them for lunch.The bread man is a big hit with us. We love the bread man. Chloe says I could eat his bread every day.

Part of my entertainment is the walk down Church Street on a Saturday morning. Especially a warm Saturday morning like yesterday. The human sights are always...um ..well... interesting. I do love to people watch! We kept crossing paths with a guy whose shirt was stuffed in and hanging from his back pocket and his pet rat was crawling around his neck. The middle aged man driving the purple and orange Trans Am with a skull decal on the hood had a look going too. I was rather bewildered at the rather Bohemian looking woman who kept cutting to the front of the lines at all the stands to snag the free samples and move on.. it's not a buffet! I convinced myself maybe she had no other lunch.


At any rate here was our haul!




Chloe and her bread.



Alexa and the Sugar Snap Peas.
The girls ate the whole box in one sitting. They want to head back next week and get two boxes!

No comments:

Post a Comment