Sunday, July 19, 2009

Grammie Sharon Visits

We had company this weekend. Grammie Sharon came to visit from New Hampshire. Grammie visits are always fun for all of us, myself included. Grammie likes to spoil us. She took us shopping at April Cornell on Church Street telling the girls that they needed to help her pick out something for Mommy (a late birthday gift). Which went something like this:
Chloe or Alexa (it alternates as they pick items off the racks): Mommy how about this? This is really pretty.

Me: Oh that is a rather bright flower pattern,

or I don't know if I have ever seen that much embroidery on one shirt,

or Um that is a pretty bow on that jumper.

You get the idea.

I did get a beautiful skirt and top despite my handy assistants. Grammie also bought the girls each a very girly dress. They were very excited. She went on to have her own shopping time on Church Street to get some travel basics for her month long trip to Europe in September (including seven days in Paris!).

Other treats for me included a nine mile run ALL BY MYSELF! It was a good run. I am still trying to see if I can get enough long runs in this summer to be ready for a fall marathon. I usually try to set a 13 mile long run as my base, and then build from there. We shall see if I make it. I still have some time before I will know for sure. I have some other guests coming that I can shove off babysitting tasks on (too late to change those plane tickets now people).


Plus, Grammie cleans for me... here she is slaving away cleaning up the kitchen while I get the little people off to bath and bed. And no that isn't a new frock she bought to wear in Paris. She actually took the rug outside and shook it out. Huh. Is that how it is done?
It is a big treat not to have to clean up the kitchen after getting everyone tucked in.

Grammie also brought me some goodies from her old house in Maine that she sold. She gave me a weed whacker- practically new. And this...


a drill thingy. Excellent. It will have a lot of uses I am sure. Now I just need to figure out how to use it. So the question is, what sucker do I rope into showing me how? Start working on your patience now Curry. Yep your job as a brother-in-law is never done. See why Ryan won't leave Arizona?


Other big events?

Look at this.


Can you read it?

It says, "Alexa." Yep, she did it all by herself.
She is kinda proud can you tell?

3 comments:

  1. My patiences involves yells and belittling, so you be ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, come on, now. I can show you how to use a cordless drill. It'll be just like old times. With maybe less hair-pulling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh hair pulling and belittling family is sooo good to me.

    ReplyDelete