Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Waking up

Summer time is a time for sleeping in... well, it should be anyway. Woe is to you who did not have the foresight to go out and become a teacher. In my house there are three possible ways that morning will greet you.

My favorite way is when I wake up and stretch. Leisurely roll over and look at the alarm clock confirming that is indeed daytime. I then can wander my way down to the coffee maker and let it work its magic. Then take the cup of coffee out to the deck (if it isn't raining), watch the sun peek it way through the leaves on the trees at the back of the yard, admire the view, listen for the pitter patter of feet waking up.

Insert said view:







The reality is I am more likely to be waken up by one of two people. They way I am wakened depends greatly on the wake-er.

Alexa...


will shuffle her way down the hall dragging blanket behind her, stand peeking in the doorway until I say, "Come on in B." She will then climb into bed with me and snuggle up all warm and cozy.

Chloe,




Yeah- don't let that innocent look fool you. She will launch herself down the hall and jump on top of me shouting, "WAKE UP!"

Today... today was a coffee on the deck morning. Well, it would have been if it wasn't raining. Rare indeed.

2 comments:

  1. Frankly, all three of those ways sound pretty good. As opposed to what usually wakes me up: an irate toddler yelling " NO NO NO NO!" at the top of her lungs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see your toddlers and I raise you two cats on my head begging for kitty paté. Loudly.

    But the coffee on the deck sounds delightful. I hope you get many sunny summer mornings in peace.

    ReplyDelete