Monday, July 20, 2009

Growing Up

You know you are growing up when you can pour your own cereal into the bowl. All three bowls of Rice Krispies cereal- Chloe's new favorite- that she ate for breakfast this morning.



And look who is zooming on her bike all big! My friend Jason found this bike all abandoned and needing an owner. He tightened a few bolts (yeah, see everyone who knows me know of my limited mechanical abilities) and dropped it off for Alexa. She loves it! Each day since she has asked to go bike riding. So, off we go in a loop around the neighborhood. Thanks again to him for thinking of her when he saw it. He is probably just making sure that someone else is trained to be my water biker on the next marathon!



Chloe has taken it upon herself to walk/run the dog while Alexa rides. It is actually mostly a run which impresses me about both of them. Since neither Chloe nor the dog are known for their desire to exert themselves. She takes a special thrill in wiping him out so he falls asleep when we get home.



And me? Well, I get to feel grown up because I picked out my own furniture. See my new office addition? I had a bed in here for when guests came, but the frame broke while being moved. I had been thinking for awhile that a futon would be more practical for us. Since it is located in my office. I posted an ad in the local paper to give the old one away. I had a lot of calls, but first come first serve. A woman came to get it for her daughter to sleep on and off it went. So now I will take reservations for the new accommodations. It is more comfortable than the old bed. Chloe picked out the cover which she likes to point out is washable. "You know Mommy just in case someone spills on it." Uh, yeah, I still said no eating or drinking on it. I paid the extra $25 for the delivery guys to put it together. I mean who was I kidding when I even thought about it? It was enough of a struggle to get the cover on! I would still be sitting there with bolts, wood, and directions all over my floor clutching my complimentary Allen Wrench and muttering.

1 comment: