Friday, July 31, 2009

Rainy Day Art

Another rainy day in Vermont. We had a few sunny ones in the middle. It is always interesting what the girls will do to entertain themselves inside on a rainy day. Alexa was building a path for her stuffed animals to walk on. The path is made up of books and the dog was the evil dragon in the middle. Poor Cabbie becomes an evil dragon in a lot of the games around here.


The biggest entertainer around here in the rain is art projects. We usually pick up a couple of craft books for kids in the library each week. Today we decided to make cats. It kept them busy for a good chunk of time.












Chloe then went on to spend about and hour and a half coloring a washable fabric horse. It amazes me how long she will sit and work on things like this.


My biggest problem with their love of art projects is what to do with them. I can not tell you how many projects are around my house. I have an entire tote in the basement filled. There is a wall in my kitchen that I divided in half (one side for each kid) to hang art work on- it is full. In fact it is more of a collage because everything over laps everything else. There is a pile in my office on top of their easel. Plus there is no telling how much stuff I secretly slide into the recycle bin on Monday nights for the Tuesday morning pick up. It is crazy. I harbor a secret guilt that one day they will discover how many of the, "I made this just for you mommy" pictures that I have parted with. If I didn't I think I would have been buried in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment