Sunday, June 14, 2009

You know... the thingy

I will be the first to admit that home repair is not my thing. I have almost non-existent mechanical abilities. I would love for other people to fix any amount of things for me. That said when things break in my house the only other occupants are 3 and 6. Thus by default making me the most qualified. So I simply hope a lot for things not to break. You might be surprised to know that doesn't always work out. I know I myself was shocked to learn that I don't always get what I hope for.
I went out to breakfast this morning with my friend Alyssa. We like to make a mad escape every now and then where we don't have to talk over small children. After our breakfast I went out for a 7 mile run. It was around noon so it was pretty hot and sunny. I dove in the shower when I got home. It was at that point that I became aware of my latest maintenance problem. I was standing in about three inches of water by the end of the shower. I appears the thingying that lets the water drain would not stay in is correct down position to allow for said water to drain. Now since I am using such highly technical terms you lay people might not be able to recognize what the thingy is. So I photographed it for you (and yes I did note the need for further tub cleaning as I did so).







So you see it should stay down all on its own, but it doesn't. So here we go. I feel I rather ingeniously solved the problem. I ran a wire behind the lever and held it up that way. TA DA! Instant tub drainage... at least for now.



Until I can get someone who will actually know how to fix it over to. Cherie, you might as well show Micheal this now because we all now the next time you guys come to visit it is on the list (my brother-in-law loves me to bits).

2 comments:

  1. As I was reading it, I was thinking, "I'll have to make sure I ask Michael about this... oh, wait. She's already got that covered."

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's a good thing I love you to bits! I am ready for whatever you have on that list.

    ReplyDelete