Saturday, June 20, 2009

Big Runner, Little Runner

We covered four miles this morning with the jogger. I really had to talk myself into four. I looked wistfully at the turn point for the three on the way by, but managed to push myself to the four. I felt tired at the start for no particular reason today so it was an effort to just get everyone out there. It was a good morning to run though- cool and cloudy. We played at Waterfront Park after climbing on rocks, looking at fish and ducks, and swinging on the big bench swings (one of our all time favorites).
I always finish my runs with the girls at the park for two reasons. One they like to get out and play after all the sitting, and two because I can walk the last mile home instead of running it. The last mile includes going up Depot Street hill which is one heck of a climb. When I run solo I consider it part of my training to run up it, but pushing them I can not do. This year I actually make Chloe walk up the hill- oh yeah it is huge hit with her. Today though Alexa wanted to run. She ran/walked all the way up. She was so cute! She also ran most of the way up North Street too! I think she easily covered over 1/2 a mile. She was so proud of herself. She said she was all sweaty and needed a shower when she got home just like mommy!

Later we did more bike practice at the Park and Alexa tried out her roller skates. You can see today I managed to get a picture of Chloe with the bike. We got some good practice runs in with out any panic/ screaming attacks. So it was a great improvement. She even balanced for a little bit. She is going to be great.

Alexa on her fancy roller skates.

See the bike is a much better fit!



Play time at the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment