Friday, June 5, 2009

A high heeled shoe

I own a pair of black sandals that have about a four and a half inch heel. I bought them in a rather depressed state about two years ago. Quite frankly sometimes you just need to go out and buy yourself a phenomenal pair of heels to put you right again. I think I might have worn them, maybe three times. It is one of the benefits of being divorced no one points out the number of shoes you own or complains that you only wore them three times. The last time I wore them was to my sister's wedding. It had the benefit of making me taller than my little sister which never happens.

These shoes spend most of their time on a shelf in my upstairs closet. They are known in our house as the bug killing shoes. About a year and a half ago this monstrosity of a bug was crawling down the hall. It had about 20 legs and long antenna. I have never seen anything like it before. The girls started screaming; I wanted to scream too. Instead I whipped open the closet door grabbed the nearest shoe (the black high heel) and squished it. From that moment on every bug is killed with the black high heel. Last night it was a big ugly spider in the bathroom. Alexa yelled, "Mommy a spider, get the shoe!"

I don't think heels are seen as very practical in some circles. So I just want to point out that it is very handy to always have a pair of heels around. You can squish the bug from a great distance away. The higher the heel the further my hand is from the impact.

1 comment:

  1. Hee hee.

    Wouldn't be my choice. There seems to be such a smaller smacking surface.

    ReplyDelete