Friday, June 19, 2009

The Many Faces of Friday

So here we have me on the first Friday of my first week of vacation. I thought I would feel more rested. I really did. Given the old phrase a picture is worth a thousand words I will show you some pictures and try to limit my words. I will begin by noting my day started with an 8 AM call that dinner with daddy was canceled for tonight. So my run solo was not to be, and as things began to unfold so was any run. Because people, sometimes the mom thing can take it out of you.


Event number one: the painters were back today to finish the back. They have been a little spotty as of late. I can never really get the schedule down. So yep they were knocking at the door early this morning. I was still in my jammies. Sigh. However this is the finished back! Yah Hoo! That means I can do the deck myself (note all of my friends are now about to become instantly unavailable. You know the ones who said sure we could help you paint the deck. Yeah you know who you are...) So this is all very exciting and hopefully soon I can move all the deck furniture out of the shed and on the deck. It is all still piled in there from the winter storage and if I crack my head on the table leg one more time trying to get the lawn mower out. I am afraid I will have done permanent damage.



Event number two. Chloe was too big for her old bike. So she picked out this.

It involved these. Sigh.
And me trying to put on the training wheels which I never could get on tight. So I decided to work with her on riding without. Sigh. If you know Chloe you already know about the screams, refusals, and dramatics that went along with that little endeavor. I however stuffed her on (literally picked her up and sat her on) and sent her around the path at the park three times. By the end she was giggling. I told her we would practice every day, and she would get it. Just like last summer when I taught her how to pump a swing, and she screamed that I was trying to kill her. She was going to fall and die and I was horribly mean. And then learned to do it and now is swinging away. Really people you have no idea. All this should explain why there is no picture of the child on the bike. Because after the struggle I was worn out.

It ended as Friday's do around here with movie night. The only night my children can watch TV. They each pick a video and I pop popcorn. We do it up. See, it all ended well.


Tomorrow we bike again. I shall begin my meditation now. I should also mention Marty (dear, sweet woman that she is) volunteered to work on bike riding with Chloe. Others? Yeah, just what I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment