Monday, June 8, 2009

Did you know...

that teachers count down as much as the kids to summer vacation? I have four teaching days left and one in service day. Normally the in service days feel about twenty times longer than an actual teaching day but not this time of year.

I also don't know if people are aware of accuracy of your average classroom teacher in knowing the phases of the moon- without a calendar. It is something that I myself am able to do almost flawlessly. Those sceptics who don't believe that the moon phases can impact a person, has never spent a day running a classroom full of 21 whacked out bodies. Oh it has an effect. An effect that has my students pointing out, "She is going for the Tylenol again..."

I mention these two things: this being the last week of school and last night being a full moon, to make a request. If you know a teacher who just worked through this cosmically aligned day. Hug them, rub their back, make them dinner, feed them chocolate, lots of chocolate... cause people you just have no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment