Thursday, June 18, 2009

Running in the rain...again

Six miles in the rain...again. Since the last few training runs leading up to the last marathon, the marathon itself, and beyond, I seem to be running in the rain. It isn't the worst weather condition to run in. Snow is worse. Only because the footing is harder. Running in a couple of inches of snow is like running in beach sand. And if you hit a spot with ice under it look out because you are going down. But rain certainly can take it out of you.


I will say it wasn't raining when I left the house. That is harder, walking out the front door into the down pour. It is better to be few miles out when it starts. It isn't like staying dry will be an option, so you might as well keep going.


I had the surprise perk of the girls having dinner with their dad tonight too. So I didn't have to cover the distance pushing the jogger. I don't have a rain cover for this jogger. So if it raining at any kind of a steady rate we don't go. Way back in the one kid days my jogger did have a rain cover. That was a new one given as a baby shower gift. To think I use to think that was heavy. Ha! One little 6 month old. What a wimp I was!


Tomorrow looks like a forecast of morning showers. The girls are suppose to have another dinner night with dad. So maybe I can get another solo run in before the weekend. He canceled for the weekend so it looks like I will be plowing through the crowded weekend bike path with my partners. I will say people do usually give you a wide berth!

No comments:

Post a Comment