Wednesday, June 24, 2009

We are gonna be up to our necks in feathers in a minute here

The girls and I headed out today for a four mile run on the bike path. I got the idea that it would be funny to have Chloe take pictures of what it looks like from thier prespective while we run. It also shows some of you out in the West exactly what it looks like to run on a path running along Lake Champlain. It is, to say the least, a beautiful place to be able to run. Just to give a clear understanding for those who have never been, we run a mile west from my house to the path itself. Once we get there we can go north or south following the path. The Burlington section of the path runs seven miles. At the northern end you can cross a bridge and continue into Colchester on their bike path. This is how I get my 20 mile training runs in for marathons. The girls and I typically head south. It passes a few places along the way with good duck viewing and potential bathroom stops should anyone need it.
Here are some of the pictures that Chloe took as we trucked along.








After finishing we stuck around Waterfront Park playing at the lake. We were approached by a few ducks while the girls were playing with sticks. I had stashed two pieces of bread in the jogger for them to feed to the ducks. We were very quickly invaded by the always aggressive sea gulls. At this point Chloe said to me, "In a minute we are going to be up to our necks in feathers here!"








You can see we even saw some of the newest arrivals to the lake, ducklings! Always a big hit.

In the end we had played so long that it was getting quite hot and close to lunch time. I requested that everyone walk up Depot Street hill today. Alexa was walking any way others were less willing, but complied. I took a picture at the top of the hill down as Alexa and I waited for Chloe. She was walking extremely slowly until I said, "Who wants to get back in?" At which point she broke into a run.

2 comments:

  1. Totally a girl after my own heart. Speaking of which, when you come to visit will it be my turn to be pushed around in the stroller?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was planning on leaving you to watch the children while I ran solo!

    ReplyDelete