Saturday, June 13, 2009

The accidental run

I set out to run 5 this morning and accidentally ran 6. I can already hear my sister Cherie snorting with laughter over that sentence, but it is true. I sort of forgot which route was 5 and which was 6. Its been awhile since I ran those distances. At the end of my race training my shortest distance was 10. I didn't realize it until I finished and was looking at my time. I was confounded has to how it had taken me so long. The good news is the 7 I was planning for tomorrow shouldn't too bad at this point.

I am already toying with what comes next. It is too early to say if I will run a fall marathon. At this point I will need to see how many long runs I can get in over the summer. The furthest I could take the jogger last summer was 6 miles. That was about the maximum for both the girls and I. Not sure that this summer would be any different. Could be less depending on how much heavier they are. My jogger is an old second hand one. I am sure they make better ones that roll and handle better, but it was free. I would love to get Chloe better at biking so she could ride her bike with me. Right now though I doubt she would willingly give up a seat to ride. She is a bit of a couch potato.

No comments:

Post a Comment