Friday, August 7, 2009

The Cellar Door

I have memories of my sisters and I running up and down the bulkhead door at my grandparent's house. I have also seen pictures of my various cousins doing the same thing. It seems to be a kind of a right of passage in this family. So I found it extremely endearing this evening when my own children were playing on it.

The girls were putting on a show. The show included various dance moves called such things as: the cottage cheese, the watermelon, throw the cat (I will point out this involved a stuffed toy cat and not a real cat), and the cat canon- which I caught part of here on the camera...




It also involved singing...




And a wagon ride for the stuffed cats which they called cat daycare.



The girls were having a blast entertaining everyone and wore themselves out. I was even able to get out after putting them to bed with Grammie to babysit and go to an art show on the island. An old friend of the family was turning 80 and celebrated her birthday with a retrospective of her paintings. It is especially meaningful as she is in the later stages of leukemia. It was a wonderful turn out of close to 100 people a very fitting tribute.

No comments:

Post a Comment