Friday, August 21, 2009

Alphabet Hair

For whatever the reason Alexa has adopted a new habit. Her morning routine always involves brushing her hair. I usually encourage her to pull it back because she likes to keep it long. That way it doesn't tangle or end up with as much food in it. As she has gotten older, and become more opinionated about her hair, I have added options: one pony tail, two, or a braid, etc. The last few days she has requested hair styles the shape of letters.


Where this idea arrived from I have no idea. The first day she asked me to make her hair in an "O". I said I would try and with using about 7 ponytails holders was able to pull it off. Yesterday she asked for and "A". I did it, and she wore it downstairs asking Chloe to guess the letter. Right away Chloe got it so she was encouraged. Later yesterday when we were getting Chloe's haircut the stylist was really taken with Alexa's hair do. I explained the request and my attempt to fulfill it. They could see the resemblance right away and praised her creativity.


She has been nothing but motivated to give me more requests. Today it was an "X".


I am afraid that one of these days were are going to get to a "W" or a "B". I am looking at letters much more carefully than I ever have before.

1 comment: