Saturday, August 15, 2009

Building a Scooter

I got the brilliant idea to take my credit card points and redeem them to get the girls scooters. They choose the Disney Princess scooters. I know you are all seeping with jealousy. Especially my sister Andrea as she is such a huge fan of the Disney Company and all of their products. Cherie might be a close second because she knows when my girls outgrow it I am dumping... uh... I mean giving them to her for her own little people to use. (No use trying to ward off the princesses Curry!)

It might surprise you to know (I know it did me) that these things arrive in pieces. Lots of pieces. With vague directions. Directions that were really just one page with a diagram and a lot of arrows. Not to mention their own little tools.

Why does everything I buy lately come with its own little assembly device?


At least the couch was kind enough to come with two men to put it together. I think the UPS man could have hung around longer. Really was it necessary to dump it one the back porch and run? At any rate needless to say I was feeling some pressure as I opened to the boxes this morning with two eager faces staring at me and looked in at all the small parts. I will tell you I skipped taking any photos of the assembly process as I was still drinking coffee in my pajamas and felt it was kinder to spare you all that view. Let's just say I got them both together. I did have these things left over.


But I mean how important could they be really?


Upon finishing my girls promptly spent time hanging various stuffed animals on them and cutting the boxes apart for art projects. So it turns out I should have just bought a couple hangers and boxes.









I did finally get them outside on them and look... they worked. They are of course strapped in helmets in the event that nut really was suppose to go to something.


And the other bright side is those two new little tools can join the Allen wrench collection from my new office chair and futon couch. Who said I didn't use my tool box?

1 comment:

  1. Impressive! I don't know if I would have attempted the assembly. Definitely not my forte.

    ReplyDelete