Sunday, April 25, 2010

Solo

The girls are away to visit their dad for a while this vacation. I will not get to see them for five solid days. I have never gone this long without them. It was definitely rough to say good bye. I still can’t think about it a lot because, quite frankly, it hurts too much. I have a list of things to do while they are gone. Partially to keep my mind off of it and partially because I can’t easily do some of these things while they are here. I have gotten a fair amount of things done between yesterday and today. Both days have been sunny so I got some of the flower gardens weeded and seeded. I mowed the lawn for the first time this year. I managed to flick gasoline all over my right arm while filling it and it took me about 10 pulls just to get the thing started. Both of which reminded me how much I hate mowing the lawn. Never the less it is done.

I rearranged the office furniture which I had been meaning to do for some time. I like it a lot better.

Although I now know I have an electrical outlet that no longer works in there and a rather unsettling gap between the wall and ceiling. Both things I was happier not knowing.

I also got around to cleaning out the kid’s dressers to remove all the clothes that no longer fit them. I found all of these socks no longer have a mates.



How is that possible? I buy them socks all the time, and I always buy them in pairs. Why do this many no longer have a match? It is an age old mystery I know but I still can’t figure out where they go exactly.

I went grocery shopping today. The most notable thing about that was that, without the kids here to buy for, I am a bit lost as to what to buy. It was the strangest thing. I went to get some things that I want to eat for the next few days and honestly I think I have forgotten what exactly I like to eat. Which is probably one of the most bizarre statements, but it is true. I found myself wandering around thinking what do I eat? It is a strange thing to go from cooking for kids to just yourself.

I will leave you this little teaser… tomorrow… I clean the basement.

No comments:

Post a Comment