Friday, April 30, 2010

New Pets

I know you are all going to be so jealous here. You are thinking; if only I could have something so cute and lovable in my house as well. Fear not my loyal blog readers, you too can have your very own pet worms. I know what you are thinking. To be honest, I thought it myself. I also then thought, oh who really cares.

The girls discovered today that if they bounced up and down on the big yoga balls out in the yard that worms come up to the surface (video to follow on the blog site if blogger cooperates). They immediately asked if they could keep them as pets.

I originally said no, but then I thought, "You know, she keeps begging me to get her a lizard to put in that terrarium she brought home from her dad's. If I let her put the worms in then I won't have to say no 24 more times to a lizard." So they dug some dirt and collected some worms.




Apparently they tickle.






We tossed in a few scraps from dinner and there you have it.


Pets in a box. Alexa decided hers are girls. Who am I to argue? Really people, I am out numbered here.

1 comment:

  1. I think worms are hermaphroditic. So, sure - they're all girls! And they're all boys! Have fun explaining that one, Ang.
    (But let's talk about poor Cabbie - displaced by invertebrates, how embarrassing.)

    ReplyDelete