Saturday, April 24, 2010

Literacy Breakfast

Yesterday morning I took the morning off using the last half of a personal day I had left. Alexa and I went to school with Chloe for her literacy breakfast. It is a very cute event that the school has twice a year. You are invited in to eat breakfast and listen to your child read. So off we went, Alexa was really excited because she gets to do this like walk to school with her sister…



and play on the playground before school like the big kids.


 

Chloe did a wonderful job reading to us.



She even read a couple of her reports that she had written herself. I really like the cover on her matter report.


She explained to me that she had all the states of matter in the picture: the cloud is the gas, rain drops and water for liquid, and the sunken ship is the solid.



Alexa was a great audience listening with rapt attention.


We had a lovely morning. It made me wish I could go to work everyday at 10:30 instead of 7:45.

No comments:

Post a Comment