Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Birthday That Doesn't End

Alexa wanted to have some friends over to celebrate her birthday. I chose this afternoon since she was spending the weekend with her dad. I spent the morning baking a cake and hanging balloons and streamers (using all my skills from the high school prom decorating committee). I came up with several games for the kids to play. Alexa wanted a cat theme. We started with making cat puppets.

Alexa was so excited waiting for her friends to come over she kept pacing around the room.

I thought we should play pin the tail on the cat, but Lexa wanted to play pin the heart on the cat instead. It turned out pretty cute.




I came up with a ring toss version that I called toss the collar on the cat. I wasn't sure that this one was going to hold up too well. Not being terribly mechanical I didn't know how my foam board, Styrofoam, and wooden dowel would hold up, but it made it.





We played toss the fish to the cat. I made some felt fish and stuffed them with dried rice. At four years old they were so eager to help each other when it missed they would run up and toss it in so we could all clap for the thrower.



It always reminds me how small my house is when I pack in all these kids and adults. They were a very festive crew munching on cake, ice cream, and other munchies.




She had a wonderful time. I am happy to say that I don't need to organize another birthday party one for nine more months!

No comments:

Post a Comment