Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Best Laid Plans...

I was all set to write a post today depicting me taking the girls ice skating for the first time. They were invited to a birthday party today and we were all set to go. I charge the batteries in the camera, bought a gift, we were ready. That is until Alexa came down with a stomach virus in the middle of the night. I was up so much it felt like I had a newborn again... not that I think she was having an enjoyable time either. At any rate we were not able to go ice skating (Danny I hope you had a great party). Poor Alexa was so sick she didn't even come out of her room and downstairs until about 4:30. She did get her own entertainment show though. Chloe doing her best to cheer her sister up preformed a puppet show for Alexa, using penguins of course. She also wrote and read her some stories. Using that special flair that only Chloe can do.



Here is one of my favorites. It is called "Cabbie the Wonder Dog".


It says, " Cabbie! the wonder dog runs over to his food dish
to save it from a dust bunny!" Please note the lovely cape that Cabbie is wearing and the amount of kibble in his dish. I tell you she reached right into his dreams for that one.


It even inspired Alexa to prop herself up for a little drawing too.


Here is hoping she is better tomorrow and that Chloe and I don't become the next victims! Now if you will excuse me I must get back to my disinfecting and Purell Hand Sanitizer applied every 15 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the picture! I love how much your children enjoy one another. You're doing something right, girl.

    ReplyDelete