Friday, March 12, 2010

Birthday Girl

I woke Alexa up this morning singing, "Happy Birthday." This would be considered cruelty to anyone else, but she likes my singing so it is OK. She sat up in bed and wiggled her feet around in her footy PJ's. "Mommy, I think I am still three."
"Why?"

"Look." She pointed at her feet.

"What am I suppose to be looking at?"

Insert a long sigh..."I look the same." I had to tell her that turning four will mean some more gradual changes. It was so sweet that she really believed that she would wake up and look totally different once she was four. She wasn't really buying my explanation at first, but then she noticed the presents in the hall and decided it must be her birthday after all.

She is spending the night at her dad's tonight, so we had a birthday morning. She thought opening presents was a pretty fun way to start your day.

Thank you Auntie Kim and Uncle Louis. She loved the book, and I am going to have to do a whole different post with that adorable outfit.


When we got home tonight there was a package sticking out on the mailbox. She was so excited that the presents just keep coming! So Aunt Andrea and Uncle Ryan, yours arrived in perfect fashion and she thanks you too!

1 comment:

  1. Happy late Birthday, cute girl! You definitely look four to me.

    ReplyDelete