Monday, May 24, 2010

Art Contest

The was a coloring contest advertised in the free community paper a few weeks ago. It was connected to these cow sculptures that have been decorated by local artists and placed all over downtown. It is apparently some type of fund raiser (the sculptures) and they are going to auction off the cows at the end of the summer. Well they were, a few of the cows have been vandalized. I am not sure whose bright idea it was to place a bunch of cow sculptures all over Church Street two weeks prior to graduation. Apparently some intoxicated people walking home from the bars took to cow tipping. I can't imagine how they couldn't see that coming. I could have told them that I have had flowers in the garden not make it through the series of drunks wandering home at 2 AM this time of year let alone a big cow placed oh so temptingly on the route home.

At any rate the coloring contest. When I saw it in the paper I thought the kids would have fun entering it. I am fortunate enough to have very kind neighbors who when I call them to see if I can have their paper too (two kids means you need two papers) they literally rushed it right over. So here are the entries...

Chloe's


Alexa's

Alexa became so nervous about entering a contest that I took to just telling her the people wanted to have pretty pictures to put up in their office. She liked that better. She also added a big on the right side of hers. We just finished reading Charlotte's Web so she is rather partial to pigs now.

No comments:

Post a Comment