Sunday, May 23, 2010

Yard Work



Last night I was trying to put my garden hose away after watering my new plants and this happened...

This can't be good right? Clearly it was time for a new hose reel. So I headed to Lowe's this morning to get one along with some tomato cages for Lexa's tomato plants. I was a little shocked to see that a hose reel comes with this set of directions.

Is it just me or is that a lot of writing for an item such as this? Admittedly it is three languages but still.

The first step said, "This hose reel is fully assembled and requires only moments to install." Right, I have heard this before. In the end it wasn't too bad, and I even learned a few things. Things like hoses have a male end and a female end. As described in the step, "Thread male end of leader hose into in-tube." Who knew? It seemed like more than I wanted to think about with respect to a hose, but that could just be me. At any rate everything went fairly smoothly and it now looks like this...


The second task for the day was to get Lexa's tomatoes propped up. My trusty assistant worked very hard to ensure that no tomatoes were injured in this endeavor.

Those cages are a bit of a pain to untangle as the very patient guy at Lowe's could attest. It took him about 15 minutes to untangle eight of them from the pile for me. The entire time I kept saying, "I am very sorry."

To which he would reply, "Oh it is no problem Ma'am." Of course that was before I accidentally dropped one on him. After that I am pretty sure he was thinking, "Why couldn't I have just walked down a different aisle, this woman is going to kill me."


However it all ended well. We even discovered that a few have buds. She can taste them already.

It is important, by the way, to work in your swimsuit. That way you can jump in the pool with your sister when you are done. I mean is was 82 degrees here today!  


No comments:

Post a Comment