Saturday, May 1, 2010

Temperature Changes

I tend to be a cold person, temperature wise. My feet are ice cubes from round about October to mid-May. I watch other runners wearing shorts while I am still layered up. I don't know what it is about me, but I just seem to think it is about 10- 20 degrees colder than anyone else around me. Today it was a lovely 75 degree day. I will concede that it was a radical change from the snow a couple of days ago. I can't dwell on that too much because I am already tired of hearing people talk about it. I have heard nothing but commentary on the crazy Vermont weather for days now. I can't stand it. It may be that I have decide that it was just a sick joke and chose to forget about it. At any rate today was a refreshing change. My children considered it summer.

Chloe begged me to get out the slip and slide so they could play on it. I relented and dug it out of the shed. It was then that I noticed that we obviously have some mice in the shed that had eaten a large hole out of it this winter. Fortunately Hannafords is carrying them again this year so the day was saved. I tried to convince them that it really wasn't warm enough for this, but they were determined.


I will say they stuck it out for quite awhile.



I thought Alexa was all done when she curled up on her towel.



Turned out she wanted Popsicles.





They wanted to make sure that they got all their summer favorites in today. Me, I'll wait for July.

No comments:

Post a Comment