Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Little Blue

About a month ago Chloe's class was studying penguins in science. Each child was given a penguin to make a life size picture of in the class mural. Chloe was assigned the little blue penguin. Chloe became a little blue expert. She even wants me to take us to New Zealand on vacation. I pointed out that this was a bit out of my price range, and she responded by asking me to save up. I didn't bother to tell her it is New Zealand or college because I figure I know which one she would pick.

She was so enthralled with her subject that she went to extra lengths to make sure that her penguin was done exactly right. She came home each day and detailed her progress. When the penguins were all hung up she took me to the place in the hall so we could see them. She also pointed out how other kids made mistakes in theirs: the eyes are actually yellow and the feet are pink... the beak is suppose to be black. You get the idea (no idea where she gets these perfectionist tendencies).

Well, today little blue came home.

Isn't she cute (or he who can tell with these things)? She has carved out a very special place on her book shelf for her.

She even has a buoy as a pillow. I am sure she feels right at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment