Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

The girls arrived home at noon today after spending the weekend with their dad. On Friday when I picked Alexa up from daycare she had a plant and card for me. The plant she let me have,


but the card she hid in her room so I wouldn't see it until today. I told her not to hide it in her bed as I would be washing her sheets while she was gone. She told me it was under something purple. I didn't think to much more about it until I tripped over this while vacuuming her room.



I couldn't figure out why it was just sitting on her floor until I moved it and the card was under it. I put it right back. She marched upstairs when she got home and gave me this...




She was really proud of herself. She also made me this...


and this...


And left me this message before leaving on Friday...


She has shouted, "Happy Mother's Day!" About once every hour especially if a certain seven year old starts to argue she shouts it over the top of the rudeness as a reminder of what day it is. Alexa loves a good holiday. Even if I did have to dress her in a hat and mittens to go swing today.

1 comment:

  1. But it's a pumpkin hat, so it's still happy.

    ReplyDelete