Sunday, January 15, 2012

Alexa Writing

I was going through Alexa's backpack yesterday. She brought her December writing journal home from school. I love these looks into what my kids are doing at school. It is important to keep in mind that Alexa is in kindergarten. For people not use to reading kids work as they are in the early stages of writing it can be tricky. I will translate the best I can for you. There was some of it she and I talked about together and even she couldn't remember all of what she was writing about. They write on a  different page each day. These pages do not fit together in a large story and should be read in isolation. Also her teacher stresses with them to write the sounds they hear in the words. English is an extremely difficult language to learn as there are so many trick silent letters.

"Once upon a time there was a mom the mom." (She tells me she didn't have time to finish this one).

 "My mom cooking." (I do often appear this perplexed while cooking).

"My Mom is going to a friends house." (Dig my wheels)
"My mom is running in the. " (She said she meant to write race too)
"My mom is at the" (When we read this together she said, "It was suppose to say gas station, but I have no idea how to spell that.")

I was really trying to figure out what this one said. I was escpecially curious to know who this guy is with me. All we could figure out together was "My mom is ______________ my mom______." She couldn't remember what she was trying to write either. Darn it. He is so hunky looking too. I was really wanting to know who it was.
" I see my sisters birthday. Her birthday is today." I read this to her and she was so excited. She said, "Did I write real words mommy? You could read it all?" You did baby you really did.

No comments:

Post a Comment