Sunday, November 1, 2009

Distractions

There are four times a year when my stress level reaches a higher state than it normally is. It is shocking to imagine since I am normally juggling about twelve plates in the air just to survive, but there are times when it is worse. Next week Friday is the close of the marking period. That means a lot of extra work to average grades and fill out report cards. I brought home a lot of grading this weekend to make sure that I have as much graded ahead of time as possible to try to make the process as smooth as possible.
It gets a little tricky to balance the whole parenting/ work thing though. That led me to make an investment. Call it a peace and quite investment. It has worked well. I was able to grade an entire pile of writing journals. The trick? Two buckets of stickers.


Look at those faces. Totally fixated on creating. As long as you don't mind your entire kitchen table being buried in sticker backing your guaranteed a chunk of time.

1 comment:

  1. So does this mean you want lots more stickers for Christmas, Angela???? (:

    ReplyDelete