Monday, November 16, 2009

Scrubbed and Clean

I got new tires on my car Saturday. I know desperately exciting. Considering the chunk of money I shelled out; I would have rather had something more exciting. I did, however, need them and thus is life when you get all responsible and stuff. I figured it would be a little busy at the tire place. What with all the people getting their snow tires on and all, so I called first. The man who answered the phone told me it was slow and to come right over. What luck I thought. I headed right over and made it in about 10 minutes. Upon choosing the new tires and signing the paper work I was told it would be about three hours. "But what about come right over... it is slow?" I asked.

"Can't think of who would have told you that," he said, "we are packed."


I was, to say the least, disappointed. At that point there wasn't much I could do. I needed the tires, and I was already there. So I wandered off having left my cell phone number with them on the off chance that I looked pitiful enough, and they would get my car in sooner. The tire place is located near the mall, which I usually avoid like the plague on a Saturday. Spending my weekdays with preadolescence I try to avoid any hangouts that they may congregate to on the weekends. I didn't have much choice though since I wasn't going to just sit in the waiting room at the tire place for three hours.

I wandered my way around various stores, heard enough Christmas music to want to choke a reindeer, and witnessed some women offering friends the worst fashion advice I could possibly imagine. Through my travels I came upon a sale item that I couldn't pass up... bath puppets!


I usually have to drag my kids up to the bath tub at night. It gets so tiring. I thought maybe the purchase would be the right incentive, and it worked! Look at them! Don't they look clean and smiley?


They scrubbed with a vengeance and Chloe actually said, "Mommy I can't wait for bath tonight." I know, tomorrow will be a battle again, but for one night I didn't have to argue and that people was four dollars well spent. And even better... my car was ready in just over an hour!

1 comment:

  1. cute picture of them! Man, do I need new tires. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete