Monday, November 23, 2009

Sewing Buddy

When you are the younger sister you often find yourself watching with envy at all the things your big sister can do. This past summer I taught Chloe to sew. She loves it and often spends her free time rifling through my bag of fabric scraps finding things to create. Alexa is fairly envious of this skill. She hasn't asked me yet, but she just seems to know she isn't old enough to be entrusted with a needle and thread.

So imagine her glee this evening when we came home and Chloe told her she would make something for her. Just like that... out of the blue. Alexa was thrilled and the next thing I knew they were planning on making a pink giraffe. Chloe spent about 45 minutes just cutting out the pieces for her planned creation. She has everything from polka dots, mouth, and tail pieces. She is planning to sew them together for Alexa tomorrow while she is home with Grammie Sharon because her school is closed for parent conferences.

It is so nice after a 30 minute drive home today riddled with, "Don't touch my foot" and, "Stop looking out my window." That she so willingly want to create something for her sister.

Of course, my living room looked like this after all that creating, but I was willing to overlook that after all that harmony.


1 comment:

  1. Did she make it? I wanna see a picture. Even if she didn't, what a great thought!

    ReplyDelete