Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Doggy Diet

We have come to own one of the more pathetic dogs on the planet. As a rescue dog sent up from Texas there could be no more pathetic sight than that of a shivering, whimpering, Boston Terrier in a sweater having to go out in the snow to pee first thing in the morning. At least that is what I thought, until I took Cabbie to the vet on Saturday. Now he is a pathetic, whimpering dog on a diet.

Our fuzzy little friend's tendency to love food with a passion that knows no boundaries has landed him a six pound weight gain in the last year. Enough to have the vet indicate that it was time to drop a few. After looking at the posters on the wall of the over weight pets I couldn't deny that he bore a striking resemblance to them. So now we are in diet mode around here, and Cabbie is restricted to a mere 1/3 cup of food two times per day and no snacks. The girls and I are now stalked around the kitchen by a short fellow with pleading brown eyes. Hoping that we will relent and crack the lid off the goody jar.


For anyone who has ever had to take off a few, it just makes you feel bad for the little guy doesn't it?

1 comment:

  1. I do feel bad for him, but at least he has someone MAKING him do it. I just keep cracking the lid on my own goodie jar.

    ReplyDelete