Thursday, March 3, 2011

Phone a Friend

Alexa has a birthday coming up in nine days. She has it down pat. Alexa has been waiting for her birthday since Chloe's birthday about three months ago. I sent some party invitations in to preschool with her today. Tonight, just as the kids we getting ready to go upstairs for their shower, the phone rang. It was one of Alexa's friends from preschool. Not his mom, but the child. He is a very chatty little guy and was very polite in telling me who it was, and that he was going to be able to come to Alexa's party. He then asked to speak to Alexa.
It was at this point that I realize neither one of the girls had ever gotten a phone call from one of their friends before. They are still at the ages where the mom's do the outside of school planning. Now, of course, Alexa has talked on the phone before. However, if you ask the few people that she has spoken to, you will find she isn't much of a conversationalist. I often sit next to her feeding her things to say.
Tonight wasn't much different with the exception that the little boy on the other end of the line was able to carry the conversation for both of them.

Alexa said a few words and was quiet for quite awhile. I reminded her that she needed to talk to him too, "Mommy, he is still talking."

But here she is her first friend conversation on the phone...

and a boy no less.

2 comments:

  1. That is so cute I don't even know what to do with myself. I'm all a-flutter at the cute.

    ReplyDelete