Friday, March 4, 2011

I'm Calling It

I wake my kids up at 6:00AM. That is early by any standards. I get up at 5:00AM. That is unbelievably early. The funny part? If I am going to be out sick I have to call for a sub by 6:15AM. No kidding. That means if one of the kids is not feeling well I have 15 minutes to determine if they are just grumpy and whinny or really sick. I woke a rather reluctant Chloe this morning and she very soon began complaining about a stomach ache. As any mom will tell you the, "stomach ache" can have a lot of possible causes from serious to avoidance. With Chloe it can be especially hazardous as her stomach aches can often be the first symptom of a bladder infection. While we have been working hard with a lot of yoga, diet, and physical therapy to help this issue, we are still not out of the woods yet. With only a few minutes to decide, I hedged my bets and called in for a sub. Luckily things at the doctors checked out OK. This afternoon I set Chloe up to work on her reading assignment her teacher gave her via email (don't you just love technology?).

Alexa got a head start on her chores this weekend. Taking advantage of not having to go to daycare today, she got her hamster cage scrubbed out.



I bought some gloves for her, unfortunately the smalls are still huge. Apparently you can't buy rubber cleanning gloves in children's sizes.


Cutie gets to run around the bathtub while her cage gets all clean.



She finishes off by giving her fresh pine bedding.



It was a rather peaceful Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment