Sunday, March 20, 2011

First Day of Spring

It is finally here the first day of Spring. Not that you can really tell all that much up here in the North. There are a few signs if you look close enough. I noticed these in the front garden when I went out yesterday.

Sure they are still covered with dirt, leaves, and trash as the snow melts away and leaves it all behind. These are some crocus and tulip bulbs that the girls and I planted last fall. I love crocuses. These little buggers are the first things blooming just after the snow melt. I knew I would relish their color after the long winter and I am so excited to see them coming up. A few weeks ago there was about four feet of snow piled on top of them. There are other signs too that warmer weather might really be upon us. Spurred on by the sunshine and snow free sidewalks,
Alexa wanted to ride her bike today.
Chloe took Cabbie out for his first walk since October or November.



And check out Chloe's feet, another sure sign of Spring, mud boots. Bring on the warmer weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment