Monday, March 7, 2011

The March Blizzard

Remember that post yesterday where I said it started snowing at 10AM? Well at noon today it was still snowing. Schools were closed (it would have been nice to know that prior to getting up at 4:15AM to shovel), dance class was cancelled, no city buses were running, and the backdoor could barely be opened. We occupied ourselves with a lot of craft projects. Alexa and a made these button people.

She made a mom, Chloe, Alexa, Annabel, Sam, Aunt Cherie, and Uncle Micheal (Uncle Micheal is four buttons high) before we ran out of buttons.


She then made them a house out of an old shoe box.


Chloe was working on one of her favorite projects, iron beads.


Once the snow let up we headed out to adventure and shovel out.



There is the pile at the end of the driveway after I shoveled. You can see the flat area that shows you how deep it was from the plow trucks. Keep in mind Chloe measured 4'6' at her physical in December.

The kids did have a blast wading there way around on the huge snow banks. They were climbing up to the top of the street signs. I still can't wait for spring. What a lot of snow we have gotten this year.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to need to know which is me. I'm hoping for one of the ones with big googly eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm feeling totally left out. But then again, I didn't have to shovel anything, so I'll call it even.

    ReplyDelete