Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Healing Power of A Waffle

Today started off with a lot of bumps. I usually feel like about twenty things need to line up correctly to get everyone up and off to school each day. Today some things just didn't line up. I was struggling at 6:30 AM to cover for a babysitter who cancelled. I was able to get that solved only to have to wait to ten minutes for Alexa's preschool teacher to arrive. I ended up laughing to myself on the way to work. Not knowing whether this was some kind of sign that I should just stay home, or to be amazed that every thing worked its way out.

It was a stressful start for everyone and left me feeling badly about the crazy schedule my kids have. When your mom is a teacher you have to get up and start your day early. So in our family we try to fix a rough day with a special dinner. Sometimes it is pancakes but lately it has been waffles (due to our recent acquisition of a waffle maker). There is something extra fun for the girls about having breakfast foods for dinner. It makes everything more exciting. You wash your hands a little faster for dinner.





You savor the syrup.




And it just makes you smile all over.



It can put on a good end to the roughest of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment