Monday, October 26, 2009

The Halloween Sweat Shop

I always feel like Halloween just appears. I don't know. I mean I know it is coming, but every year I feel like I am madly making costumes at some endless pace. It may come from this odd belief that I am suppose to make the costumes. I blame my mom for this. She did it for us so I guess I feel like that is how it should be done. Or maybe it is just that my kids come up with the oddest requests. I would never have a prayer of finding them pre-made anywhere. I mean in the past years I have made a pink T-Rex (with white polka dots), a yellow pteranadon (with pink polka dots), and a pink archeopteryx (with so many assorted feathers I thought I had tendinitis from working on them all). It is crazy. Where does she come up with these ideas?

Needless to say I have been working away at this year's costumes. Countless hours thrown in here and there to get them all together before Friday's parties and Saturday's trick-or-treating. It did my heart good for Chloe to announce yesterday, "Mommy you make the best Halloween costumes." Ah thanks. They have even been really good sports about trying things on. So this morning as Alexa patiently tested out her head with ears attached (for the third time) and didn't want to take them off. I found it too cute not to snap the picture. Plus the fact that well... she looks an awful lot like the dog here...


is it just me?

No comments:

Post a Comment