Sunday, October 18, 2009

Conversations with Chloe

The girls came home at noon today from a weekend with their dad. I made the most of my morning and (prompted by the really cold temperatures) decided it was time to put the deck furniture away. You see (for those of you in the more moderate climates) if I don't, huge (I mean HUGE) chunks of ice build up over the winter and slide off the roof onto the deck. This little event scared the heck out of me the first winter I lived here as the sound is absolutely deafening. Now, I am a seasoned veteran and know to pack away all the deck furniture into the shed lest it become kindling. At any rate to put it all in the shed I also have to dig out the sleds and shovels that will be needed in the next few months. I don't really need them yet (I hope), but if I don't take them out they get buried when the rest of the stuff gets loaded in there.


Needless to say it had been awhile since the girls have seen the sleds. I looked out to see Chloe doing this...


a bit premature to say the least. She was a bit lonely today as her sister arrived home feeling feverish and congested. So she decided Cabbie should take Alexa's place as her playmate.





Looks thrilled doesn't he?


I then looked out to see this...




Yes, she has attached him to the sled a la reindeer fashion. Sort of resembling the Grinch. I had her undo him and called them both in for dinner. Cabbie was much appreciative. Chloe told me that she was going to teach Cabbie to pull the sled this winter. I mentioned that Cabbie is a Boston Terrier (and a rather lazy one at that). I went on the instruct that she would need a big dog like a husky if she was going to get it to pull a sled. To which she said, "That is how we get famous Mommy. Everyone knows a husky can pull a sled. The surprise will be a flying, sled pulling, Boston Terrier."


"Flying?" I questioned.


"Yeah, I even built him a ramp so he can get a start."


I think Cabbie is lucky I got dinner ready when I did.

Look out world for Chloe and her flying, sled pulling, dog Cabbie.

1 comment:

  1. Once he learns that she also intends for him to juggle fire sticks, poor Cabbie might just learn to fly after all...

    ReplyDelete