Monday, June 27, 2011

Garden Update

I know. I know. You have been on the edge of your seats... begging... pleading for an update on what has been happening in the world of Alexa's garden. Here I have been carelessly going on about cleaning the house and the summer reading program all the while you were thinking yes, but how about those vegetables? Well, worry no more. The sun finally came out today for the first time in like a week or something. So I took the camera out and captured the progress for you. Tah Dah!!!





Look at all that. You will notice that the tomatoes have cages. On one plant we have two actual tomatoes!!
We have sugar snap peas coming up, beans, peas, pumpkins, and cucumbers too. We have had a few set backs namely something has yanked out most of her corn. Which I am considering a good thing as I had my worries about all this fitting in here. You see Alexa's seed purchasing eyes were bigger than her garden.

We also has a squirrel or two eat all seven of our green soon to be red strawberries. So Alexa and I built this rather impressive (if I do say so myself) chicken wire and rock fortress to keep them off our plants. We want the remaining three strawberries baby and no body is snatching them before we get to sample them!!! Yes so that was the excitement here folks. Watching the garden grow now that it has some sun.



Oh yeah... the kids enjoyed the sun too.


And Cabbie... he was glad to see the sun too.

No comments:

Post a Comment