Saturday, July 31, 2010

Volleyball

I dug into the shed today and brought our some new games for the kids to play. I remembered the old croquet set. I though they would really enjoy it. It lasted all of five minutes. Alexa was frustrated by trying to use the mallet. Chloe adopted a bulldozer type maneuver, declared herself the winner, and that was that. Six or seven years ago when the croquet set was purchased it was part of a buy one yard game get one free sale. The second game we picked out was volleyball. For no other reason that it was the only other one that seem to have a remote possibility of being used. Well, today it finally was.

The girls thought it looked like fun. So I attempted to set the net up. I think combination of a cheap net and my inability to construct the most basic of items made things harder than needed. I know it really isn't up correctly. I mean it should be a lot taller, but they don't really care and are short anyhow.



We had fun. The girls tried out a lot of different types of balls. The actual ball that came with it died long ago. Being that it was the only thing I had actually used from the set.

They both took turns hitting them over to me.



Now I think we might have to find a badmiton set too.

No comments:

Post a Comment