Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A Good Book

My kids were mad at me today. It actually happens multiple times on any given day, so it isn't all that shocking. You build up a sort of immunity to it all after a bit. Today they were mad that we missed the ocean costume party at the library. In all fairness it wasn't really my fault that the furnace guy was running late and that our furnace had a lot of gunk to be cleaned out of it. I mentioned that in say January they would be glad that there was heat in the house. Chloe, to be fair, was fine with it. Alexa was pretty pouty about the whole thing for a bit. Until her sister offered to let her pick and keep the prize from her check in at the library this week. This opportunity to fish through a bowl and pluck out at five cent toy made everything seem all better. I was very grateful to Chloe for her generosity.

Chloe has become something of a reading machine. I gave her a small light by her bed and most nights she sits up until about 9:00 PM reading. It has gotten to the point where we bring a huge tote bag with us to the library just to be able to lug it all.

We will head back in about three days to return these and check out more.



She has also been enjoying Nancy Drew books as well. Each night we have been reading a chapter from the first book. Actually both girls have really gotten into the book. Tonight Alexa tackled me from behind hanging on my back yelling, "Don't stop there read another chapter of Nancy!" Since they were so into the story I did some basement digging.



Aunt Andrea gave us all her old copies of Nancy Drew that she had collected as a kid. I brought them all out and the girls are pretty excited to have so many to listen to. We may be reading Nancy Drew mysteries at bedtime for the next two years.

1 comment: