Monday, July 12, 2010

Tennis Ball Launcher

One lovely sunny day in Maine my charming daughter Chloe said to me, "Mommy, I want to make a tennis ball launcher." Really now, I don't know where she comes up with this stuff. I was, however, going to humor her and find her a plastic cup, yard stick, and a roll of masking tape. Knock yourself out I figured. Just test it out down in the field behind Grammie's house and please don't aim at your sister. But I didn't have to do even that. See my sister, Andrea, volunteered her husband Ryan to build one with her. Now what seven year old doesn't want her very own engineer to build a tennis ball launcher with her?

As you can see there was a lot more than cups and rulers involved here.

There were boards,



hammers,





and power tools.





There were moments of intense adult consultation.



Moments where the children became a bit... um.. distracted.



There was my job...



I held these for a good 20 minutes until I realized that it was just a pity task designed to make me feel useful.
In the end there was sucess.



One tennis ball launcher. Good for about 15 minutes of family fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment