Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Pet Show

Today was the 31st Annual Children's Pet Show in Burlington. The girls entered Cabbie last year in the best costumed pet and owner. Last year they won first place. They were eager to enter again this year. I had been checking all of the community calendars that I could find over the past month to find the date and couldn't find it. I knew they would be disappointed to miss it. Sunday night I was checking my email after returning home from Maine. I opened one of my Front Porch Forum newsletters and there it was, listed from Parks and Recreation, the date. July 13th. Ugh a short two days away. The last day and a half have felt like a costume making frenzy, but I finished. The kids planned an ocean theme this year. Please meet:

Alexa the Mermaid.


Chloe the Dolphin.






And Cabbie, the starfish.





I am also happy to announce that even though there was a record nine entrants in the costume category.






The girls took first place a gain this year.



I, for one, will sleep better tonight. I spent half of last night tossing and turning dreaming of how to assemble a dolphin costume.

No comments:

Post a Comment