Monday, July 26, 2010

Sewing Projects

My kids love to create things. Chloe has been sewing (by hand) for a while now. Alexa started a few weeks ago.




It isn't that I mind that they like to create these things, but it can be a bit of a project to say the least. They both like to plow through the bag of fabric scraps. Each little scrap gives them an idea of what they want to create. It is usually something that they need me to assist with and to tell you the truth I am not so good at making a stuffed: bird, dog, cat, snake... etc at the drop of a hat. But I have, at one time or another, been asked to make each of them. And that isn't even counting the number of things that I just shook my head and said I couldn't do it. At any rate this time it was dogs. Dogs sitting down to be specific. Alexa choose a brown fabric. Chloe went through about three or four different colors before settling on the white, black, and silver. They both wanted to use the sewing machine.

Now my poor sewing machine has been around for about 20 years. It still works, most of the time. But I wasn't too sure how it was going to work after this little adventure. Alexa was happy to sit with me and remove the pins as we sewed along. She liked poking them into the pin cushion. I let Chloe operate the foot pedal and I helped her move the fabric around. Both kids are addicted to the bag of puff. They love to create things just so they can stuff them with puff.



In the end both dogs came out cute enough to satisfy them. Although I think it is safe to say the stuffed animal industry is safe from any threat from my handy work.









And look they played together afterwards. Peace... at least for a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment