Monday, June 28, 2010

Echo

We headed out for an adventure at the Echo Center in Burlington today. The downstairs exhibit was on giant robotic insects, which Alexa was adamant about avoiding. To be honest, they were a bit over powering. I am not sure what kid wants to look at an eight foot tall moving praying mantis. So we stuck with the usual exhibits...

Sanded some rocks to explore erosion,





made a mountain form,


said hi to the turtles,

dug for beluga whale fossils,





played in the water table,






ate lunch by the lake,





became a bit freaked out by the creepy underwater music at the giant fish exhibit,



and explored a sunken ship.



Then we came home once we had taken it all in and the weather had cleared. Which left us a lovely afternoon to help Grammie Sharon learn how to set up her new tent before her camping trip. I would like to thank her for taking me back down memory lane. Back to when I was 19 and working at Life Sports in Ellsworth. We often had tourists come in and decide that they wanted to camp at Acadia National Park. So they would buy a tent from the store, and then we got to go out in the parking lot and teach them how to assemble it. Yep.. good times... I know you are thinking what sucker took camping and tent assembly advice from a 19 year old me?  Shocking isn't it? I must say, the yard is a whole lot easier to pitch a tent than a black top parking lot. And check out that tent...



I am now calling it the guest cottage.

No comments:

Post a Comment