Saturday, December 10, 2011

The Quote Addiction

It is altogether possible that I have a problems with my growing attachment to quotes. I like to think that it is a healthy appreciation of  language, and people who put words together well to capture some extremely powerful messages. Last night while I was wrapping birthday presents, I had the TV on. I can't even remember what the show was now as I wasn't really paying a lot of attention. At some point there came the discussion of the new movie by Matt Damon "We Bought a Zoo." Now I have been a Matt Damon fan since my graduate school days in Boston when the movie "Good Will Hunting" came out. This new movie I can connect to as well. Apparently he is playing a single dad. This just goes to show how things have changed for Matt and I from our college days in Boston (OK so he wasn't actually in college) to single parenthood. At any rate the movie trailer shows him talking to his son and he says, "All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage, and I promise you something great will come of it." Now I know Matt Damon is only the one speaking the words; he didn't actually write them. Since I am too lazy to research the actual author, lets just say that line alone makes me want to see this movie. In reality since it is coming out on Christmas, I will probably see it some time next year via Netflix. But you know, that's OK because it is still a great line.

No comments:

Post a Comment