Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Student Becomes the Teacher

Chloe checked an arts and crafts book out from her school library this week. She created some of the projects this morning after I left for work. This afternoon when we all got home we saw the cutest little turtle sitting on the futon chair.


Alexa said she would like to make one too but didn't now how. Chloe eagerly offered to help her make one. It was very sweet to her her offer to help her sister, and I didn't even have to bribe her. Such an added perk when things are harmonious.
Chloe was an excellent teacher. She cut out all the parts and helped Alexa create her turtle.



Alexa was a very good art student and colored in all her turtle parts as instructed.


The finished product... please note that Alexa added a crown and earrings for her turtle.




Then they made them into hats...

1 comment:

  1. Sweet sissies! I'm with you--I get so excited when my kids do kind things for one another.

    ReplyDelete