Thursday, January 21, 2010

Reminders Come From Little Places

This morning I was packing the kids' backpacks for school and the girls were eating their breakfast. All of a sudden Alexa wrapped herself around me. I hadn't seen her coming so it felt like a sneak attack. I laughed and thanked her and asked what was going on. She said, "It is just because you are so nice to me and I love you." It was a great way to start my day.



Tonight while getting ready for bath Chloe announced that she wanted to send some of her allowance to the people in Haiti. I asked her if they were doing a fund raiser at school or something and she said, "No, I just feel sorry for them, and you always do things for people when they need help."

So there you have it. I guess they really are watching and listening. It is so amazing to me how we might not even realize the impact that we can have on the people around us in just doing what we do. I have to say it makes me feel better given all the "she is looking at me" bickering I have had to endure over the past few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment